Hemp Drinking Straws
Plastic waste poses one of the greatest environmental and health threats to the Earth and Human health ever known.
- There are several, multi mile in diameter wide patches of plastic waste flooating around our oceans.
- It can take a plastic straw about 200 years to break down in the environment.
- It is estimated that nearly half-a-million drinking straws are used EVERY DAY in the U.S. alone.
- Plastics never truly decompose, they simply break down into smaller and smaller microscopic pieces of plastic called Micro-plastics.
- These small pieces of plastic are consumed by smaller organisms, which is how they enter the food stream to larger and larger fish until they reach the human level, where they can cause health problems and digestive complications.
Traditional plastics (petroleum based) stay with us long after they are used an discarded. Wouldn't a better option be to use plant based plastics (known as Bio-Plastics) which are decomposible and dissapear from the environment within weeks to months. We believe it is, and that's why we are offering these Hemp Drinking Straws, to help stem the deluge of plastics flowing into our landfills and oceans daily.
- 1 Box = 100 Standard Hemp Straws
- Green in color
- 7.9” x .28” (201mm x 7mm)
- Recyclable Cardboard Box Container
- Straws Manufactured to ASTM 6400 and EN13432 Standards.
- Re-usable multiple times, have same look and feel as a traditional straw
- Suitable for both Hot & Cold Beverages
- Hemp straws are both strong and pliablea and do not disentigrate in liquids like paper straws
- Hemp straws DO NOT leave an oily residue like other plant based PLA straws
- Hemp straws contain NO allergens, like wheat based PLA straws
- Hemp straws are compostable, and decompose within 80 to 120 days once discarded.
Straws are available on our retail site as:
- Single Box
- 10 Boxes
- 100 Boxes
Please Note, Smaller orders may be fullfilled by us. Larger orders may require back-ordering from the manufacturer and can take between 5 and 8 weeks to produce and deliver, due to high demand.
Hemp Straws are also available in wholesale numbers, and larger quantities, and customized colors and lettering. Message us for details.
Return & Exchange Policy
Notes & Disclaimers
Our Customers Say
We understand. Occasionally, you are going to change your mind, order the wrong size item or get a gift that’s not for you. We will accept returns & exchanges in accordance with our policy below.
We will accept returns subject to the following conditions:
Product(s) must be in an UNUSED, UNALTERED, and UNOPENED state, with original tags and labels affixed, in order to return or exchange. Sale and Clearance (Closeout) items may NOT be returned nor exchanged. Damaged or defective merchandise that was found in that condition upon receipt, may be returned at any time for a replacement or refund. Returns are accepted ONLY IF authorized within 30 days of the shipment of your order and received in our facilities within 14 days of that authorization. The buyer is responsible for any shipping costs incurred due to returns.
Returns must be authorized and assigned a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) before shipping any item back. You can obtain this by calling, e-mailing, messaging, or using the site's Contact Form. When obtaining this number, please specify whether you want to exchange the item, or receive a refund.
For exchanges: Once your item is received and inspected, a credit will be issued to your account which may be used towards a replacement item, which will be shipped back to you within 1 to 2 business days (of receipt of the return item). The customer is responsible for paying any higher differences in price. If there is a lower price difference, the credit will remain for the customers future purchases. Return shipping charges for exchanges will be borne by the company.
For Refunds: After the item is received and inspected, a credit shall be issued, in the manner which you paid, or if necessary, in the form of a paper check.
In either case, shipping charges are not refunded nor credited.
We will not ship, nor do we accept, any package shipped C.O.D.
We take great care in the packaging and shipment of our items. If we determine that the item was damaged because of an error on our part, we will replace the item or issue a refund, however, we will require it be returned prior to replacement or refund.
An item which was damaged by the carrier during shipment and covered by the carrier’s insurance should be claimed against the carrier using their procedures. In some cases, depending upon the carrier, an amount of insurance may be provided (see that carrier’s website for current info.) In these cases, the customer will need to make the claim with the carrier. Any amount of insurance above that is the responsibility of the customer.
Wholesale or business purchases are covered under their own separate Return & Refund Policy. Items purchased online may not be returned or exchanged in person at any Retail Location (as they are inventoried separately). Items picked up in person should be returned or exchanged in person.
RETURN & EXCHANGE PROCESS:
- Copy, print or include the original Invoice included with your order.
- Clearly indicate the item(s) you wish to return or exchange. (by circling with a pen, highlighter, etc.)
- Contact us to receive an RMA# and write it neatly on the invoice.
- Prepare your return package. Be sure it is well secured against damage and sealed properly. Remember, no credit will be issued for opened, or used merchandise or exchanges that are not re-saleable.
- Place the invoice inside the box and seal it properly.
- Take the package to the appropriate carrier and ship the item(s) back to us at the shipping address listed upon the invoice. (Remember, return shipping is the resp. of the customer, we DO NOT accept C.O.D. Packages)